The Initiative for Research, Innovation and Advocacy in Development (IRIAD) and The Electoral Hub commemorates the International Day of Democracy 2021 by celebrating the spread and consolidation of democracy in countries around the globe. Our efforts to advance democratic governance in Nigeria include the following:
• Research and documentation to promote transparency, accessibility and accountability in the democratic process.
• Advocacy to promote the inclusion and representation of marginalised groups such as women, youth, persons with disabilities, and internally displaced persons (IDPs).
• Political education of young people to enhance their civic awareness and promote youth political participation.
• Sensitisation of secondary school students on the Open NASS initiative to promote youth engagement in the legislative process.
• Sensitisation of IDPs on gender rights, including the causes and consequences of gender-based violence.
IRIAD-THE ELECTORAL HUB COMMEMORATES INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR TOLERANCE 2022 … Urges all electoral stakeholders to celebrate our diversity and foster acceptance of our difference across religion, culture, region, generation, sex, (dis)ability. Let’s shun intolerance and join hands together to safeguard the integrity of the electoral process and ensure that 2023 general elections are free, fair, credible, and widely acceptable The