who we are
The Initiative for Research, Innovation and Advocacy in Development (IRIAD) is a multidisciplinary strategic think tank that was established in 2019. Our focus is unique and the first of its kind in Nigeria, focusing on developing critical understanding of governance processes and regimes from knowledge building and sharing, as well as impact advocacy.
Mission: Our mission is to strengthen governance and accountability in Nigeria through knowledge production, innovation and impact advocacy.
Vision: Our vision is to be a knowledge and innovation centre for ethical governance and just development.
Values: Our values are knowledge-exchange, inclusion, justice, equity, transparency and accountability.
Approach: Our approach involves the following:
- Knowledge: we produce and share evidence and empirical knowledge and analysis
- Innovation: we create and deploy audacious initiatives
- Advocacy: we conduct high-level and impact advocacy targeted at improving governance
- Best Practices: we produce and disseminate governance best practices.
- Partnerships: we work in partnership with other civil society organizations, stakeholders and institutions.
The Initiative for Research, Innovation and Advocacy in Development (IRIAD) was established and legally registered in 2019. It is a think tank conceptualized to develop critical understanding of governance processes and regimes from knowledge building and sharing, as well as impact advocacy.
This is in recognition of the lack of adequate data and materials to properly hold public officials to account, as well as the exclusion and marginalisation of various groups in Nigeria. IRIAD was founded to address these gaps by promoting inclusion, participation, transparency, and accountability – all of which will contribute to strengthening democratic governance in Nigeria.